Extra Magic Hours is a special Disney program allowing early or late admission into the theme parks ONLY for guests of Walt Disney World Resorts.
That’s right the parks will close to the general public and WDW guests can enjoy extra time at the theme parks and water parks. This is a great way to do all the big and popular rides without spending hours waiting in line!
Of course you must have valid theme park tickets to enter each park.
Which Disney Theme parks are included in Extra Magic Hours?
Four theme parks:-
Two water parks:-
Who can use Extra Magic Hours?
- Guests of any of the Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Guests at the Hilton Resort at Downtown Disney.
- Guests of the Shades of Green Resort.
- Guests of the Disney Swan & Dolphin Resorts.
How Does EMH Work?
- Each day during the month, a select theme park will have EMH.
- The EMH will either be 1 extra hour before regular park opening time OR 3 extra hours after regular park closing time.
- You will need to show your park ticket and your resort ID key at the turnstiles.
- If you are using the Disney transportation to get to the parks, these will operate early or late according to the EMH schedule. Buses will operate as normal for EMH – however the monorail services will be reduced to Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Starting 07/11 the Epcot monorail will close 1 hour after regular park closing time. Starting 08/01 the Magic Kingdom monorail will close 1 hour after regular closing time.
- Remember that in order to use EMH, you must have a valid ticket for the specific park you want to visit. Example – if you have a one park per day ticket you cannot hop to another park to use EMH.
When are the Busiest Times at the Theme Parks?
If you’re going to get up extra early or plan on staying extra late at one of the theme parks, it’s good to know what parks get busy and when. Use the free theme park calendar below to see how to avoid most of the crowds:-
View Disney Extra Magic Hours for specific theme parks, dates and times.