Orlando night life certainly has a lot to offer!
Are you looking for great Orlando nightclubs? Yes! Then this page is for you.
If you like to go out dancing and enjoy some live music and a drink or two, you’ll find all you need to know here. Orlando nightlife is more varied than you may think!
Downtown Orlando at night is buzzing. The main districts for nightlife, bars and clubs are the pedestrianized areas of Church St and Orange Ave. You can easily walk from one night spot to another.
Downtown Orlando Nightlife
Night life in Orlando is vibrant and buzzing downtown. Downtown Orlando does seem to attract a younger crowd. It has many dance clubs/bars/pubs located around Church St and Orange Ave. It’s safe to say that more locals choose to unwind here than tourists.
Downtown Orlando is quite far removed from the theme park atmosphere of Disney and Universal resorts, this is where the locals come to party and let loose! There are over 40 bars and clubs to choose from. Much of the Orlando night life is centered around a few blocks along Orange Avenue and Church Street.
- The Independent Bar – a multi-level night club with an outdoor courtyard where you can listen to live music. This is a club definitely popular with the locals. Great views of downtown Orlando. Music changes according to the night, it could be anything from indie, goth, dance, 80s and hip hop.
- Sky60 – This Orlando nightclub is another spot for the young and beautiful 20 to 30 somethings! Grab a cocktail at the rooftop bar and enjoy the views over downtown Orlando. Music is soul, hip hop and techno.
- Club 23 Orlando – Club 23 is a chic sophisticated night spot on Church St, Orlando. This club lounge is great for mingling, people watching and meeting singles. DJs play hip hop, dance and techno. Club 23 specializes in cocktails, liquors and imported beers.
- Club Firestone Orlando – A staple of downtown Orlando night life for the under 30s crowd. For fifteen years this has been a one of the best dance clubs in Orlando. The club is huge (over 13,000 sq ft) and is styled in a post-apocalyptic theme within this former Firestone tire warehouse! Music ranges from disco, house, latin, dance to rock, techno and top 40. There are regular special events, DJ sets, rock bands and other live acts playing.
- Blue Martini – An elegant and sophisticated night spot with, as you would expect, an array of different martinis on offer. Listen to live music, pop, electronic beats and reggae music.Located approximately 3 miles south west of downtown Orlando at the Mall of Millenia off I-4.
- Club Antigua Orlando – a true dance club specializing in hip hop, reggae, reggeaton, 80s and top 40 tunes. Fridays are special happy hour nights with 3 for 1 drinks specials. Ladies 18 + get in on Fridays.
- Tabu Night Club – one of the most popular Orlando nightclubs to be relaunched as The Beacham. Yes, Tabu is no more, but Tabu Night Club fans shouldn’t worry, Friday nights are still the “Honey Pot”Ladies nights where over 18s are welcome and the drinks are flowing.
- The Social Orlando – a popular live music venue in downtown Orlando. The Social hosts live bands every night of the week. The venue is small but the vibe and atmosphere is electric. Popular among the rock and punk crowds.
- Dragon Room Orlando – great little dance club on Church St. Drinks specials every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Great for top 40, hip hop, mash-ups, DJs. Young singles crowd, dress to impress.
- Club Roxy Orlando – located away from downtown Orlando near the Orlando Fashion Square Mall, this huge nightclub plays a variety of music night after night. Whether you enjoy dance, rock, hip hop or latin – you’ll find it at Roxy’s. Known as a party spot for young crowds – 18+ great ladies night and drink specials.
If you enjoy Jazz music, don’t miss the annual Orlando jazz festival at College Park. The Orlando Jazz Festival is located north of downtown Orlando and is a free event for everyone!
CLOSED : Dolce Night Club & Club Paris Orlando We wait to hear what has become of this former club in Church St. The whole of Church Street Station is currently under re-development.
More About Downtown Orlando Nightlife
Universal CityWalk is a 30 acre entertainment district that is the gateway to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. There’s always a real party atmosphere after dark, with definitely plenty going to provide an evenings entertainment. Orlando night life wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Citywalk. It has many unique shops, bars, restaurants and nightclubs and a 20 screen cineplex.
Its’ signature attractions are:-
- Bob Marley – live reggae music every night.
- Pat O’Brien’s – a themed restaurant and bar featuring ‘dualing pianos’ and the world-famous signature ‘hurricane’ drink!
- Hard Rock Orlando – the largest of the Hard Rock venues featuring live music and a nostalgic rock ‘n’ roll theme.
- The Groove nightclub – a dance club playing the best in 70s and 80s and dance music. Orlando night life for under 21s – The Groove hosts teen nights for 15-19 year olds.
- Red Coconut – an upscale bar and nightclub with signature martinis and balcony views over Citywalk.
- City Jazz – live music in the jazz, R&B;, soul and funk genres. On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays City Jazz plays host to ‘Bonkerz’ Comedy Club, with comedy shows starting at 8.00pm.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville – a restaurant and bar with live musical performances every night.
- CityWalk Events Throughout the year Citywalk hosts special events such as beer festivals, St Patrick’s Day celebrations at Pat O’Brien’s Bar and other seasonal events such as Mardi Gras and Halloween nights, click here for the latest events.
Orlando Night Life: Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island
The main venue at Downtown Disney is the House of Blues. (As the complex is undergoing a complete overhaul over the next two years, this is perhaps you’re best bet for Disney based nightlife!)
House of Blues – a famous night spot featuring live music and Mississippi-style food. There a number of stages including an outdoor stage. National acts often play here.
Orlando Night Life – Disney Nightlife Latest News:
Disney’s Pleasure Island was once a thriving nightlife hot spot too. But, it’s six nightclubs have now closed (as of September 2008). The whole downtown district is being redeveloped over the next two years to create a more family based entertainment area.