Disney World may be the happiest place on earth, but Orlando, Florida, has a lot more to offer than just theme parks. If you want to get off the tourist track a bit, here are five sights you don’t want to miss.
5. Lake Eola. This beautiful park is right in the heart of downtown, and it’s the perfect place for a stroll or a paddleboat ride.
4. Mall at Millennia. Upscale shopping in the city’s prettiest mall–spend a fortune or just enjoy the window shopping.
3. Canaveral National Seashore. An easy day trip from Orlando, this park is home to pristine beaches (the longest stretch of undeveloped coastline in the state of Florida), wildlife, nature trails, and lagoons. You can even glimpse space-related sights, including the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building). Note: the very northernmost beach is a nude beach, so families–consider yourself warned!
2. Leu Gardens. A natural oasis in the city, this gardens is beautiful year-round.
1. Winter Park. This upscale neighborhood is a must-see for any Orlando visitor. Shop along Park Avenue, take a scenic boat tour along the lakes and canals, and eat some of the best food in the city.
More info on Orlando Travel Guide: Beyond Disney World
Orlando Travel Guide: Beyond Disney World - BingNews
Captain of Celebrity’s newest cruise ship makes waves for women in male-dominated industry
While recently aboard the Celebrity Beyond ... for Disney Cruise Line; to a 2nd Officer, 1st Officer, and Chief Safety Officer for Royal Caribbean; to then in 2015…the dream job realized. After 19 ...
Walt Disney World® area
Walt Disney World® Resort Florida is enormous. Just 21 miles (34 kilometers) from Orlando, the 30,000-acre (12,141-hectare ... (727 reviews) "Made our vacation wonderful….had a red eye flight and got ...
Search Resort Hotels in Orlando from CA $128
"Made our vacation wonderful….had a red eye flight and got to property early…staff did their best to accommodate. Had a late flight back home…again, staff was very accommodating! This is the best four ...
Disney Cruise Line announces new Bahamas destination Lighthouse Point to open next year
Disney Cruise Line ships will have a second private Bahamas destination on their itineraries starting in 2024 after years of delays from COVID-19, hurricanes and environmental impact concerns.
Latest travel deal out of Bristol Airport sees £200 return flights to Orlando
Weeks after launching a series of discount codes and holiday packages, TUI has launched another money-saving deal on its Bristol to Orlando flights. The new deal could save travellers around £500 ...
New Disney World board hints at future controversy
Video above: New governing board of Disney World property says 'big changes' ahead The first meeting of the new board of Walt Disney World's government — overhauled by sweeping legislation ...
DeSantis’ new Disney World board hints at future controversy
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — The first meeting of the new board of Walt Disney World’s government — overhauled by sweeping legislation signed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis as punishment ...
15 Best Things To Do in Orlando
Orlando is the sum of its parts, or rather, parks. Most associate the city with one in particular; Walt Disney World, but this mega-resort is actually located approximately 16 miles away in Bay ...
Disney lovers can save hundreds on Disneyland Paris holidays using clever site swap
The latest travel hack means UK holiday goers can get ... so we've decided to put it to the test. READ MORE: Disney World brings back 'magic' offer for 2023 bookings with free hotel stays and ...
Orlando International Airport prepares for busiest spring break travel period
The Orlando International Airport is only one day from its busy spring break travel season. The airport expects more than 7 million people to pass through during the travel period. That number is a 13 ...
Things to do in Orlando in 2023 beyond Disney
The most popular destination in Orlando is Disney World. Disney World features four theme parks – Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. There are also two water parks ...